Northampton Bike Park to celebrate one year with free birthday eventPosted 19th September 2023
Northampton Bike Park is turning one this month. To celebrate the special milestone an open day is happening on Saturday the 23rd of September at the park on Eagle Drive Northampton.
During the day, there will be free coaching sessions, bike maintenance workshops and fun races for juniors. The event is free to attend, the only charge is for car parking, which along with donations, fund the running and upkeep of the park.
The event takes place from 9.30 am until 3.30 pm and welcomes both beginners and experienced cyclists to join the celebrations.
Happening on the day:
- Specialist mountain bike demonstrations.
- Big Bike Revival – Free bike fixing sessions. Prior booking is essential, you can book here
- Free adult and junior coaching sessions run all day. The sessions are offered on a first come, first served basis and can be booked on the day, booking opens at 10 am.
- Junior fun races, with trophies and prizes. Prior booking is essential, book here
- Rides led by expert coaches. Prior booking is essential, book here
- Bike hire
Martin Barnwell, Strategic Director of Operations at Northamptonshire Sport said:
“The event is a chance for our wonderful team, volunteers, and visitors to mark our first year. We’ve seen a great summer season with plenty of people visiting, and as we approach our birthday, it’s the perfect time to celebrate.
The park overcame some early teething problems with the drainage system and other challenges new bike parks often encounter, this day is also about acknowledging how far the site has come.
“In particular, we want to encourage new visitors to try the park. If you’ve never been before you’ll be made very welcome. Bike hire and free coaching sessions are available on the day, so please come and have a go.”
Northampton Bike Park is operated by physical activity, health, and wellbeing charity Northamptonshire Sport. You can find out more about Northampton Park Bike here –www.northamptonbikepark.org